Numerous people forget about regular checkups and blood tests. While it is useful to visit a doctor once or twice a year to see how your health is, there are a few ways in which you can monitor it at home. Here are some of the things that you should regularly do to make sure that your health is good.
1. Monitor your sleepiness. If you need an alarm clock to wake up every morning, feel very drowzy in the afternoon or doze off right after eating dinner, you need more sleep. Adults need between 7 and 9 hours of sleep per night. Anything that falls under seven hours of sleep per night is associated with sleep deprivation and can lead to serious health issues. You might get to the point of depression if you don’t get enough sleep, so make sure you do.
2. Check the hairbrush. If you notice too much hair falling, the recommendation is to check out the levels of blood ferritin. Blood ferritin indicates how much iron your body is storing. Low levels of stored iron can lead to hair falling.
3. Measure your heartbeat after exercise. A recent study shows that women who have poor heart rate recovery after exercise have twice the 10-year risk of suffering from a heart attack as women who have normal heart rate recovery.
4. Take the fall test for osteoporosis. It is a major condition, especially among women who have hit middle age. Time yourself standing on one leg. If you resist more than 12 seconds without falling or wobbling back, your balance is good, and you don’t have to do anything. If you can’t rezist for 12 seconds or longer, you have balance issues and should schedule a visit with a doctor.
5. Check your blood pressure. Doctors say that it is enough if you monitor it every six months, but why should you wait for your doctor’s appointment when you can now do this at home? There are excellent blood pressure monitors that can easily be used at home by anyone, so check the offer and buy one.
We specifically recommend these top 5 blood pressure monitors because they were tested by professionals and they work just like the ones used by doctors in their medical offices. A blood pressure monitor is an excellent tool that shouldn’t be missing from any home. One of these can help you monitor and track changes for a day, so if you feel a bit low and want to make sure that it is not because of your heart, a blood pressure monitor can help you rule out this possibility. Another excellent reason why you should buy a blood pressure monitor to use at home is that it can help you give your doctor a very comprehensive report of your state. If you already suffer from heart disease, the report will help your doctor adjust the treatment accordingly. Buy such a tool because it will help you more than you can imagine.