Handpicking a guitar pedal is subjective. Every guitarist has a different style of playing and taste for music. Hence, not all can agree to one particular guitar pedal since this item also comes in varying types.
As a beginner, you might find it hard to choose a guitar pedal. Well, it can be a daunting and overwhelming task given the countless options in the market. Aside from the different types, there are also several brands of this item. Then, how can you identify which guitar pedal is a good investment?
To help you navigate a high-quality the right guitar pedal for your music style, check out these tips below.
#1 Start with the Effects
Each guitar pedals offers different effects. It is one of the reasons why season professional guitar players use this equipment. Adding effects enhances their performance and adds depth to the music. Moreover, it provides a sound variety which excites listeners all the time.
Modern guitar pedals usually have multi-effects sections. Here are the effects that you will find in this device.
- Analog Effects– Many purist guitar players still use analog effects on their music since it enhances the sound as pure as possible, unlike poor quality digital conversion that sounds processed.
- Digital Effects– Today, there are many digital-effects that no longer produces a processed sound. Modern digital guitar pedals are more versatile, precise, and sounds almost natural.
- Equalization (EQ) Effects– Boosts or cuts specific frequency bands within the sound signal. It alters the timbre and sound quality without changing the pitch.
- Overdrive and Distortion Effects– It thickens up the sound producing heavier and chunkier music. It is a common effect used by guitar players with soloing styles.
- Pitch-Shift Effects– Adds note either above or below the original. It creates a unique flavor on the sound and provides more depth on the music.
- Modulation Effects– It duplicates the waveform of the fundamental signal and alters it. The new signal blends with the original to create a unique sound.
- Time-Based Effects– Allows a guitarist to control the length of the delay and the amount of signal affected while playing.
- Sound Conditioning Effects– Drastically alters the sound to make it more pleasing.
#2 Pick a Brand
After choosing the effects that you prefer, the next step is to look for a high-quality guitar pedal brand. It is wise to select a brand name with an excellent reputation and positive feedback from customers. So, do your research first about the brand before deciding to buy it.
#3 Read Reviews
One way to find out which guitar pedal to buy is through consulting reliable online sources like DigiPedal.
The DigiPedal is the #1 guitar pedal resource of today. This website posts honest product reviews as well as guidelines for beginners in selecting guitar accessories. If you need assistance in selecting a guitar pedal, you can count on this website.
Experiment with your music style and guitar playing using this device. You’ll be surprised that there is more you can do with the help of a guitar pedal.
But remember to always ask the experts before deciding a guitar pedal to buy. Don’t hesitate to ask. Doing so will help you avoid spending money on poor quality items.