The phrase orbital sander is synonymous to finishing sander but palm sanders include random orbit sanders in addition to the orbital sander. Whereas most people confuse orbital sander for random orbital sander, the two are distinct from each other. Mostly finishing sanders are used in fine finishing and not heavy material removal. Based on my experience, my view would be that they’re good for beginners.
What to look for in an orbital sander
In this segment, I would like to discuss thing you need to look out for whenever you want to buy an orbital sander.
1. A power source. One thing you need to know is that the source of power determined the sander’s motor power and weight of the orbital sander. The cordless battery-operated orbital sanders are less powerful and heavy due to the weight of the battery. On the other hand, corded ones are lightweight and more powerful. While I recommend the corded, improvement in the battery technology is on the increase, therefore, one can consider the cordless especially when portability is mandatory.
2. Ensure it has a good base plate with holes for sawdust removal and affordable cost of replacement of pads.
3. Ensure it has other dust collection system, a vacuum adapter or Microfilter Dust Canister.
4. Consider sheet sanders with rubber switches for dust protection and a trigger with lock for easier control.
5. Orbital sanders with variable speed controlled by a trigger are good options
6. Ensure your orbital sander doesn’t vibrate too much to cause fatigue and a tingling sensation
7. Consider orbital sanders with rubberized grip and handles
8. Ensure it comes with regular sheets of sandpaper and easy to replace the sandpapers.
With the above considerations, you will certainly land on the best orbital sander.
The top 7 orbital sanders
For comprehensive details about these finishing sander reviews, visit Wooden Pallets Projects Toolbox. You will find a list of key features, pros, and cons for you to compare them and select your best option. Below is a list of the top 7 orbital sanders in 2019.
1. Porter Cable 380
2. Dewalt D26441
3. Black & Decker BDEQS300
4. Makita BO4556
5. Makita BO4900V
6. Makita BO3710 Finishing Sander
7. PORTER-CABLE 330 Speed-Bloc 1/4 Sheet Sander
After visiting https://woodenpalletprojects.com/best-sheet-finishing-sander and reading detailed reviews on each of the above-mentioned orbital sanders, you will be best placed to select your best option depending on your needs and preferences. You will be able to see customer ratings, cost, and even pictures of each of the aforementioned product.
In this article, I have listed all you need to consider before buying an orbital sander, I believe you are able to do it. However, you may not have the luxury of time or competency to do it, that’s why I have recommended that you use data from experts and consider their reviews and lists of the top orbital sanders. Allow me to conclude by stating that any of the above-mentioned product will not disappoint, but not all are appropriate for you, selecting your best option is your prerogative.