Are planning to choose a dome tent for your teen campers? With so many options available, choosing the right tent for young campers is confusing. Check this post to find out.
What is a dome tent and how is it different from other tents?
There are several types of tents; one of them is dome tents.
Dome tents are dome-shaped tents. These tents are designed with a rectangular floor and two poles that go diagonal through the top of the tent. The shape and design of the tent provide stability against strong wind and heavy rain.
The difference between dome tents and other tents is their sizes and shapes. Also, it is notable that these tents can accommodate 3-4 campers for standard domes compared to standard tents with 1-2 campers.
How to choose the best dome tent for young campers?
If you are currently looking for a dome tent that can fit your young campers but could not decide on one, here are a few tips to follow:
Tip #1: Choose the dome tent with the right size
How many campers will use one dome tent? How big do you want the tent to be?
Dome tents come in different sizes; if you are to choose a dome tent for your young campers, make sure that the size of the tent is enough for a particular capacity. By doing so, you are providing the right sleeping space for the campers.
Here is a guide that will help you choose the right dome tent size:
A floor tent area with 60 – 70 square feet can accommodate 4-young adult campers.
A floor tent area with 90 – 100 square feet can accommodate 6-persons with 25 square feet for each young adult camper and 20 square feet for each child.
A floor tent area with 120 – 130 square feet can accommodate 8 people with 25 square feet for each young adult camper and 17.5 square feet for each child.
Tip #2: Choose a dome tent with the right height
Again, dome tents come in different height when assembled; for instance:
- A dome tent with 3 feet in height is a good option for pre-teen campers of 1 – 3 people.
- A dome tent with 4 feet in height gives a better camping experience for teen campers of 3 – 4 people.
- A dome tent with 5 feet in height is manageable. Although it does not provide uncomfortable space for dressing, it is still manageable. Dome tents with this height can accommodate a family or 4 – 5 teen campers.
- A dome tent 6 feet in height is one of the popular dome tent sizes. It is comfortable for 5 – 6 young adult campers.
- A dome tent with 7 feet in height allows you to walk freely without getting uncomfortable with your head contacting the ceiling fabric. The tent is ideal for 7 – 8 young campers and adults.
Tip #3: Choose a brand of dome tent with a good reputation
Finding the best dome tent can be confusing, especially when there are several options to consider and factors to think about.
If you choose a dome tent, make sure to purchase a brand with a good reputation that ensures quality and comfort. Read reliable product reviews before considering buying one. Do not compromise the security and comfort of your young campers over the price.